Friday, 27 May 2011

Moan

Reading back my old posts, I notice that I´ve told you all about what I liking about the places I´ve been, so I thought I´d post about what I don´t like:

1. The Peruvian Dog. A dog native to Peru (its got a proper name but I can´t remember what it is) that is completely hairless apart from a tuft on its head and on its armpits (legpits?). Its an ugly little thing, and they´re everywhere. Even the puppies are wrinkly and ugly.

2. Not being allowed to flush toilet paper. I´m sorry to bring this blog down to such a topic, but its something I can´t get over and don´t like doing. Something we take for granted back home.

3. The point that its 30 degrees plus, yet all the hotels feel the need to put an extra thick blanket in your bedding. Some are an inch thick and can only be described as a rug.

4. Nobody speaks English. I don´t actually dislike this point, but I´m running out of things already. Unlike Europe, where most people in Shops, restaurants etc, speak English of some form, people here do not. I understand this is actually my own fault for not learning any Spanish before I came to this land.

Thats it I think.

Out

3 comments:

  1. Dom! Thought I'd leave you a comment. I like your blog, it's really interesting. The toilet paper situation - what happens to it then? Do you have to just put it in the bin?

    What is the food like, any interesting delicacies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes you appreciate the little things in life.... like sewers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes PM, it just goes straight in the bin, some of which don't even have a lid. Will be trying the Cuy (Guinea Pig) in the next few days, will let you know how it tastes

    ReplyDelete