A lot has happened since my last post. I've left my job which I've been at for the past three and a half years, a very surreal experience having it being such a massive part of my life for so long; I have got everything bought, packed and I've finished with being jabbed in my arm; and most importantly to me, I have achieved my proudest moment to date - climbing Helvellyn in the Lakes, along with a few other peaks in the 2 days I was there. This has made me feel so much more confident about climbing up to Machu Picchu, even if Helvellyn is a measily 3000ft to Machu Picchu's 14,000ft.
I rang the company I am travelling with the other week, and amongst other things, asked them how many people were booked up on my trip. Considering there is space for up to 16 people, I was expecting around that number, but to my surprise, I was told only 3 people (including myself) were booked. I'm actually quite pleased about this, as long as they speak english, otherwise it could be a pretty lonely 10 weeks.
Before I wrap this post up, I'd just like to thank my friends and (ex) colleagues for all the presents, support and kind words. The hardest part of this trip will be how much I will miss all my family, friends, and of course, my wonderful girlfriend.
Please feel free to post comments on here, and keep my up to date with the gossip. Alternatively, my email address is: domward77@hotmail.com
Out
No comments:
Post a Comment