Friday, 13 May 2011

The Tour Starts Here

Day 1

Today was actually Day 1 of my tour. I arrived a couple of days early to explore Quito by myself. So this evening i finally met all of my group (minus one who is yet to arrive). There are 7 of us, and i am the only one from England. Everybody else is from Oz and New Zealand, and they are all such a laugh. Most are in their 40's plus, except myself and another single traveller Amy, in our twenties. Theres a group of 3, which includes the only other male in our group, and a group of two women. The latter two will be on the tour with me for the full 63 days, whereas the others are only with me for 36 days. They have already adopted me as "their son" and told me to call them both "mum". I've spend the last few hours chatting to them all endlessly, and I couldn't be happier with them all. Three of them have even been to York.

Meeting them all has cheered me up no end. We have a free day tomorrow but we've all decided to go on a trip together to big market two hours out of the city. I'll let you know how it goes

Out

No comments:

Post a Comment