Sorry for the lack of posts, I am alive. Yes, I did manage to climb Machu Picchu, but I'll talk about those 4 days in a separate post. So, out of order:
Day 22
We had a free day in Arequipa today, where we joined up with Natalie. Natalie has a german/belgian accent, and i started slagging off the French infront of her, and nobody bothered to nudge me and tell me that shes actually French. Whoops. Anyway, we went for a bit of a shop, I didn't buy anything, then we walked up the hill to the viewpoint which was pretty not pretty. That night we had an overnight bus to Cusco which should have taken 10 hours but ended up being 15 thanks to it braking down. Leonie gave me a sleeping pill which didn't work, yet she slept the whole journey, damn her.
Day 23
We eventually arrive in Cusco and go for Lunch and a walk round the city. During lunch, we discover that Ferny got his facts wrong, and the prohibition was only for Peruvian people, and not tourists! Thats 2 days I went without a Pisco Sour. So I tried a new sour, called a Coca Sour which was so bloody strong, i felt a little bit pissed just after one. Cusco is a tourist city, with a lot of Inca history, we all loved it there. Its also a big party town (read further for more details). Ferny explained to us how and where we could get drugs and massages with "happy endings" and then told us that if we did either we'd get chucked off the trip, so I don't really know why he told us.
Day 24
Today we were joined by one of the area managers for Intrepid, putting Nando on edge a bit. He was called Gary and from England, and just became one of the group really. We went to the sacred valley and visited a community where they fed us, told us how to make pottery (again), chocolate and Chicha (the corn beer. We spent the night at Ollantaytambo, the night before the big trek. For a bit of very late practice, we climbed up to an old Inca storage site, some great views there.
Day 29
Missing out the trek days for now. Me and Nando went out on a night on the tiles to celebrate our success of getting to MP. I remember very little, but we joined other Intrepid groups and leaders and didn't get back til about 4, where nobody would wake up to open the gate - understandably - and was getting ready to sleep on the street until someone finally opened the gate for me. I was woken up by Yetti a couple of hours later for breakfast. I really shouldn't have got up because I was still drunk, and breakfast in a posh cafe plus sun plus alcohol do not go well together. I soon returned to bed. I awoke a couple of hours later and decided to spend the day by myself. I walked aimlessly for hours and decided to go for a massage (not a seedy one) which I loved. I've never had a massage before and I now really don't know why, it was so relaxing, and i don't care how girly you think it is. It was Wendy's birthday so we went out for a meal in a pretentious restaurant, and then went out drinking again, thanks to some people I've met, mostly Seb, who tries to get me out most nights. Again, I remember little
No comments:
Post a Comment